How do I apply for a license to carry a concealed weapon?

To be eligible to apply for a Washington State Concealed Pistol License (CPL) with the Bremerton Police Department, you must be at least 21 years of age, be a U.S. citizen, and reside within the city limits of Bremerton. If you do not meet these residency requirements you must apply in the city or county where you reside.

The fees for a CPL are:

  • New Application: $49.25
  • Renewal (0-90 days before expiration): $32
  • Late Renewal (0-90 days after expiration): $42
  • Replacement (If lost or Stolen): $10

Payment of fees is due when you turn in your application. The fees are nonrefundable if your application is denied. A CPL (if issued) is good for 5 years from the date of issuance.

Procedures for Renewing a Concealed Pistol License During Lobby Closure

  • Per RCW 9.41.070 a CPL holder may apply for a renewal 90 days prior to their CPL's expiration date and may apply for a late renewal during the 90 days immediately following their CPL's expiration.
  • Renewal applicants must be a resident of the city limits of Bremerton.
  • You can obtain the application on the City's website or by requesting an electronic copy via email at
  • Please submit a copy of your current driver's license with your CPL application.
  • Submit the application and license copies via mail to:
    Bremerton Police Department
    Attn: Records
    1025 Burwell St.
    Bremerton, WA 98337
  • Indicate return address desired for the CPL renewal.
  • Please enclose a check made payable to the City of Bremerton to pay the fees.

Show All Answers

1. What is the nonemergency telephone number for the Bremerton Police Department?
2. Where can I get fingerprinted?
3. Where can I get a copy of a Bremerton Police report?
4. How do I apply for a license to carry a concealed weapon?
5. I have property that is being held by the Bremerton Police Department, how do I get it back?