Kitsap Lake Stormwater Retrofit

Project Status (December 6, 2023)

Design has been completed to a 90% set of plans and specifications. The City is currently seeking funding to complete the design and construct the project. The next cycle for grant applications with the Department of Ecology (DOE) is upcoming and the City is hopeful that to receive funding for the 2025 construction season.

Kitsap Lake Stormwater Retrofit


In the City’s continuing effort to improve water quality for Kitsap Lake, this project will provide treatment at four outfall locations that are currently untreated. The treatment will consist of installation of TAPE GULD approved systems above the outfalls in the roadway adjacent to each site. Treatment will be for suspended solids (TSS), dissolved copper, dissolved zinc, and total phosphorus.  


  • 90% Design funding received – August 2020
  • 90% Design completed – December 2022
  • DOE grant award for final design and construction – Spring 2024
  • Submit permitting – Fall 2024
  • Advertise for construction – Spring/Summer 2025
  • Construction start – Summer/Fall 2025
  • Construction complete – Winter 2026


The project will be completed using a DOE grant.  The grant will pay for 75% of the total cost to complete the design and construction. The Stormwater Utility will match the grant for the remaining 25% needed. The current construction estimate for the project is $2.6 million.

Contact Us

David Dinkuhn, PE
Project Manager
Ph: 360-473-3518

Additional Documents