Home Sale - Seller and Buyer Information
Reporting the Sale or Purchase of a New Home
During the transition, the account is placed in a pending sale status and processed according to the recorded closing date. Please note that during this transition water and sewer services are not shut off or disrupted.
If you are the seller:
- The seller is responsible for paying the Water and Sewer utilities up until the recorded closing date.
- If the sale was done through an Escrow Company, you may have filled out the required documents needed to close out your water and sewer utility account.
- To ensure we have the correct forwarding address, please submit an online Owner Change Form or download and complete the Owner Change Form (PDF).
- The Escrow Company likely will pull an estimated payoff to close out the utility account. If there are any outstanding charges or credits after this payment is received, they will be billed or refunded to the seller.
- In some instances, a change in ownership is handled outside of Escrow, such as a Quit Claim Deed for an Inheritance, or the Water and Sewer utilities are waived through Escrow. If this occurs, the seller will be sent a final closing bill to pay.
If you are the buyer:
- The buyer is responsible for paying for any Water and Sewer utilities beginning on the recorded closing date.
- If you closed through an Escrow Company, you may have already filled out documents needed to start your water and sewer utility account.
- To ensure we have the correct information for your water and sewer utility account, please submit an online Owner Change Form or download and complete the Owner Change Form (PDF).
Information for your new Water and Sewer utility:
- Billed Monthly
- Online Services - pay online with no fees, auto pay using a card or check, view invoices, schedule payments and receive bills electronically
- Please note you will not be able to register until your first invoice is generated
- ACH - compete the Automatic Payments Form (PDF)
- Set up auto pay directly with the city using a voided check
- Low Income/Senior Subsidy Programs - learn more about available programs