Deactivation and Reactivation Services
Deactivation Services are provided for our customers who will not need access to water for at least 90 days. The city will turn off and lock the water meter at the point of the deactivation. Complete the Deactivation Form online or download and complete the Deactivation Form (PDF).
- A Deactivation is requested by signing a Deactivation Form. Only an authorized customer, meaning an Owner, Property Manager or Agent, can sign and request this service.
- A tenant may only request a deactivation if they have been added to the account and their lease is active.
- We do not deactivate services when a tenant moves out.
- The deactivation must be for a minimum of 90 days.
- A deactivation request may not occur as a means of eviction.
- Per calendar year, the first deactivation is free, any additional requests to deactivate services will have a charge.
- The Deactivation Form must be submitted at least 24 hours prior to the requested date of deactivation.
- Deactivations do not take place same day, weekends, and/or holidays.
- At the time of deactivation, charges for water and/or sewer will stop.
Reactivation Services are provided for our customers that would like to have their water services unlocked and turned on. Complete the Reactivation Form online or download and complete the Reactivation Form (PDF).
- A Reactivation is requested by signing a Reactivation Form. Only an authorized customer, meaning an Owner, Property Manager, or Agent, can sign and request this service.
- The request must be submitted at least 24 hours prior to the requested date of reactivation.
- Reactivations do not take place same day, weekends, and/or holidays.
- A scheduled date and appointment window must be selected on the Reactivation Form.
- A representative aged 18 or older must be on site during the scheduled appointment.
- A Reactivation charge will be applied at the time of services.
- At the time of reactivation, charges for water and/or sewer will begin.