City of Bremerton Responds to Coronavirus by Assisting with Utility Billing
City waiving fees, will not shut off water for customers
Bremerton, WA (March 16, 2020) – As our area faces impacts due to the coronavirus, the City of Bremerton is working to help our customers during this time.
Effective immediately, the City of Bremerton is taking steps to help those worried about paying their water and sewer bills. The following actions have been put in place to assist our residents:
- The City of Bremerton will not be shutting off water at this time
- The City is waiving late payment fees for utility bills
- The City of Bremerton is waiving online credit card fees for payments
- The City of Bremerton will be working with customers to establish payment plans and other options
Utility Billing staff are available to answer questions and provide information at (360) 473-5316 and email@example.com.
“We are facing unprecedented times and these steps will help with reducing some financial worries for our residents in our community,” said Mayor Greg Wheeler.
Puget Sound Energy has also put in place measures to assist Bremerton customers:
- PSE will not be disconnecting customers during this time.
- PSE received approval for a waiver that allows them to waive late fees
- PSE will work with customers on options such as payment plans and choosing a new bill due date
For more info on the PSE program, visit https://www.pse.com
Cascade Natural Gas announced that they are also not disconnecting service for customers. Info: https://www.cngc.com/.
Please note: The City of Bremerton is focused on limiting spread of COVID-19, and has closed the Utility Billing office on the 1st floor of the Norm Dicks Government Center to walk-in customers at this time. Please contact the Utility Billing office by phone and email listed above.