Mayor's Youth Leadership Award
The City of Bremerton’s Mayor’s Youth Leadership Award is an opportunity to recognize exceptional youth in our community. One Bremerton student will be selected for a scholarship award.
The 2023 application period is now closed.
- Involved (or have been involved) with a city government, community and/or school leadership activity;
- Eligible to graduate from high school, completed home school or received a GED in spring/summer 2023;
- A Washington state resident currently residing in the City of Bremerton; and
- Plan to continue education in the 2023-2024 academic year at an accredited college or trade school on a half-time or more basis
- Complete the Complete the Center for Quality Communities scholarship application.
- One reference letter (must be a non-relative) and a personal essay (see application for essay question).
Submission Deadline and Requirements:
- Application materials must be postmarked or emailed to the Mayor’s Office by 5 pm on Friday, December 2, 2022.
- Mailing Address: Mayor Greg Wheeler, Norm Dicks Government Center 345 6th St., Suite 100 Bremerton, WA 98337
- Email: Jennifer Hayes, Executive Assistant, at email@example.com
- The review committee will select a finalist/nominee and be notified of the award by early January 2023.
- The nominee's application, along with a letter of support from the City of Bremerton Mayor, will be submitted to the Center for Quality Communities Scholarship in mid-January 2023.
- The finalist/nominee will receive a $500 scholarship award in addition to formal recognition from the Mayor's Office (City Council meeting, social media, press release, city website, Mayor's Update etc).
- The Center for Quality Communities Scholarship recipients will be notified in March 2023.
For questions on the Mayor’s Youth Leadership Award, please contact Jennifer.Hayes@ci.bremerton.wa.us or 360-473-5266.